Freedom to Operate (FTO) Analysis
When your company develops or plans to launch a new product, there is always a risk of commercialization failure due to an IP right owned by a third party.
To mitigate this risk, freedom-to-operate search and the clearance report (legal opinion) are two tools we can use.
When & why do you need?
• Developing or launching a new product or service
• Investigating design around opportunities
• Technology transfer/license due diligence
What is the tangible benefit for your company?
• Cost optimization for IP and R&D expenses
• Identification of geographical market barriers
• Inspiring for design around in R&D
How & what do we deliver?
We start by interviewing the inventors in your company who actively participated in the invention.
We run the next step on INNOVATION RADAR, our market intelligence report software. Our IP experts analyze the product feature set and identify the patents that can affect the freedom to operate. After delivering an interactive report on INNOVATION RADAR, we dive into the infringement analysis.
In the final step, we prepare a detailed FTO report including patent mapping analysis, present risks of identified granted patents, and potential future risks of identified patent applications with risk-tolerance analysis.