Calculating the market worth of a patent or a patent portfolio is known as patent valuation. Patent valuation is required when companies or inventors prepare for mergers, acquisitions, sales, or licensing of inventions.
Patent valuation requires a combination of skills and know-how on valuation methods, market and patent data, and experience.
When & why do you need?
• Patent transaction activities such as licensing, sale, etc.
• Deciding on R&D investments
• Tax incentives or TUBITAK grants
• Patent enforcement
What is the tangible benefit for your company?
• Licensing/transfer opportunities
• Grants for taxation and TUBITAK
• Technology evaluation for M&A and investments
• Benefit from tax incentives
How & what do we deliver?
Traditionally, there are three core approaches used in patent valuation: market, income, and cost. TLS.IP experts had hands-on know-how and experience in valuation.
Combining technical know-how with field experience, we apply a hybrid strategy and technique. Our valuation report provides detailed insights into the patent landscape (tech trends, assignees, market-valued patents, market value analysis, etc.), market research findings, and royalty analysis.